Thursday, March 13, 2008

last night...

last night ~ 4:30am snuck up on me, and i knew i should go to bed, but didn't want to - i was
still very much awake, alert, and working contently. i went to bed anyway, with strange dreams coated in restlessness.

in one dream, i was at a chinese restaurant with my mom, sister, and kyle. we had ordered a huge shellfish platter. i asked them what each of the species were... one of them was a soft shell hermit crab. i was thoroughly disgusted, and even more so as they ate the meaty part and left the leggy carcasses on a plate in front of me... the dream whisked me off to the shores of a sandy beach, where i found several spiraling seashells. i picked up each one and looked inside, hoping to find a squirmy hermit crab - but instead i found the soft fleshy living pulp of the original inhabitant of the sea shell. my dream wraps up as things have come full circle again...

***

i wanted to hop over to coco et olive for a little company this afternoon, but remembered selin is not working today... so i will head to benny's instead. they have wireless, and i might bring the OLPC with me. as much as i strive best hermit style... with a beard and a pipe and a kitten on each side ~ i really miss my daily interaction with people.

[2:30pm edit: decided to go for a quick walk around the neighbourhood, and make it to benny's or coco et olive tomorrow instead. thinking it will become my weekly friday blogspot + sketching + reading place(s). anyone care to join me?

also, it's st. paddy's tomorrow, i have a guinness choclate cake to make!!

~ p. xo]


***

the neighbour's cat (aptly named 'runty') just dropped by the side window looking for our cats... i wasn't quick enough to get a photo, but here's his routine captured last week:


"herrrro? anybody there..?"


"where the f*ck are you guys??!?"


"let me in LET ME IN!! i needs baffroom real bad!!"

***
eating: scramble eggs and flax seeds grainy pita
listening: nick drake
anticipating: going outside into sunshine


p.
xo

1 comment:

ABraveTonedTimidGirl said...

darling... I've tagged you for a meme. You can find out all the details on my blog (bright turquoise)... I miss you terribly, and I wish I was there with you freelancing and drinking coffee and going for hikes. Someday I'm certain of it I'll live on the west coast!!! I haven't made it all the way around the world yet, I keep going east until I'm west again.